There are a great many casino games online that are offered across the board on the Internet such as Blackjack, Online bingo and Roulette, but I would go as far as saying that Slots are amongst the most popular. Slots started out as pretty simply one line machines, but today sees us with a multitude of choices. Briefly these are:
- The classical 3 reel, 1 line machine. You simply spin away until you get 3 winning symbols in alignment. The payout is set out in a table on the machine.
- The 3 reel, 3 line slot. Your coins purchase you extra lines, i.e. the top and bottom line thus giving you 3 chances at winning.
- The 5 or more reel slot. With these, you tend to find larger variations of “lines” with zigzag like patterns also giving a return. These slots eat up money but big surprise wins are the order of the day.
- Progressive Machines. A network of machines are connected and all contribute to the Jackpot prize. These are the “millionaire” machines like Major Millions (microgaming).
- Bonus machines. A newer innovation with the advent of video slots is the bonus game feature. My favourite is Genies Gem (Microgaming). Simply put, you get a specific row of symbols and then get to play the bonus game which generally pays out really healthy amounts. These Microgaming slots which we mention in this paragraph are only available to non us casino players.
In order to increase variety, you will find that the online casino in question simply put different skins on machines. Our featured casinos however are very focussed on player enjoyment and offer a wide variety of unique games.
In terms of a strategy, the VERY FIRST THING is money or bankroll management.
You need to determine what you are prepared to spend and then gamble accordingly:
Assume the following: 10 spins per minute at 3 coins per spin with a return of 95%
10c gives you a spend rate of $9 per hour
50c gives you a spend rate of $50 per hour
$1 gives you a spend rate of $100 per hour
$5 gives you a spend rate of $500 per hour
During your play, what you are hoping to do is NOT throw away the projected spend rate but of course you want to win a progressive jackpot or similar “Big payout”. When you do, you cashout and walk away a winner. You don’t stick around and lose everything back! When you reach your budgeted spend, walk away, no more “just one more spin”.
What we suggest as a base strategy is to first play the “flat rate” machines and thereafter move onto the more meaty, higher paying (with a higher risk of losing) machines. If you really are after a little more “meat” and want interesting slots, try the pub style UK Slots with their nudges, holds, and bonus rounds. You sometimes get a lucky big payout and generally have a lot of fun playing.
We suggest playing through a max barrier of for example $100 and then cashing out any winnings. Only then do you proceed onto the progressive type machines.
The golden rule though is to always play the maximum coinage. If you look at the pay tables, you will see that the “jackpot” doesn’t just grow on a 1, 2, 3 basis, it grows something like 1, 2, lots and lots! Just think of the disappointment of hitting three 7’s and only using one coin! You don’t want to go there!